Saturday, July 30, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo

Okay, okay, if you look at my sidebar, it's kind of obvious that yes, I did finish Camp NaNoWriMo. I actually had no intention of entering it until I was at the dentist on the 7th and suddenly got the catalyst to start writing Once Eternal again. This is rewrite number four really, and it's definitely the best yet. I started over from scratch for this one but it has the same characters and same flair as the dead but forgotten Welcome to Eternity, which was a two-part adult project that just wasn't there. Once Eternal so far feels much better, even if the characters are all much younger. Lexy went from 27 and a tax attorney to 17 and a high school student all over again. I think she might be bitter about that.

Last night at 12:30 AM, I hit 50K, which was my goal for the month. As of right now, I'm at 52K with a goal of between 85-90K, possibly a little under or over that (so 80-95K basically). The title is still subject to change since I've been trying to think of ideas for years, even with the previous incarnation of it. I want to be to at least 65K by this time next week, and 80K by two weeks from now. My goal is to be done with the first draft by August 17th, which will be the 6 week mark from starting it. Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment